September 1, 2020
BRRA Board Election
The Barefoot Resort Residential Owners Association, Inc. is approaching the time in which it will elect four (4) members to serve on the Board of Directors.
About the process…
Barefoot Resort is divided into two Villages for the purpose of electing Directors to the Board so as to ensure fair representation on the Board. The first Village consists of all Multi-Family communities and the second Village consists of all the Single-Family communities. The Dye Golf Club (15 votes) is part of the Multi-Family Village and the Barefoot Public Course (45 votes) is part of the Single- Family Village.
The Board of Directors is made up of seven (7) members. Two (2) Directors must be owners from the Single-Family Village and are elected by the Single-Family members only. Two (2) Directors must be owners from the Multi-Family Village and are elected by the Multi-Family members only. Three (3) Directors are at-Large and are elected by all members.
This year it will be necessary to elect four (4) Board Members as the terms of the following Directors will expire on December 31, 2020.
- Silvio (Rocky) Cutuli – Single-Family Village
- Steve Peregoy – Director at-Large (appointed to fill a vacancy created by a resignation
- Jerome (Jerry) Saxon – Director at-Large
- Vacant Seat – Multi-Family Village (vacancy created by a resignation)
Due to Board Member appointments and per the Governing Documents the elected Board members will serve as follows:
- Single-Family Village Representative: One (1) person elected will serve a two (2) year term
- Director at-Large Representative: One (1) person elected will serve a two (2) year term
- Director at-Large Representative: One (1) person elected will serve a one (1) year term
- The terms will be determined based on the number of votes received by each candidate
- Multi-Family Village Representative: One (1) person elected will serve a two (2) year term
Please keep in mind when applying for the Board of Directors:
- It does not matter in which Village the Director at-Large owns property
- Those interested on serving on the Board of Directors must declare which Director position they would like to represent at the onset of the election process
- You may either run as a Board Member representing the Village where you own property or as a Director at-Large
- A candidate can only run for one (1) Director position (i.e., an owner that owns property in a Single-Family Community and a Multi-Family Community cannot run for both Villages. The owner must make a decision as to which Village to run for or they would like to run for the Director at-Large)
As outlined in the Association’s Governing Documents, the opening date for candidates to submit the Board Application Form is Tuesday, September 1, 2020 with a closing date of Wednesday, September 30, 2020.
Interested candidates should be prepared to meet monthly as well as when the President of the Board calls for additional meetings on an as needed basis. Each Board Member is also asked to serve as a Board Liaison to one (1) or more of the Association’s Committees.