April 1, 2020
~ Michael Atwood
The North Tower Pool remains closed due to the COVID19. We look forward to returning the facilities back to normal operations once the CDC and government officials provide us with clear communications that the pandemic challenge has eased and we are no longer in a position where your safety could be compromised. Thank you for your understanding and for doing your part in keeping your fellow residents and our community safe.
The Joint Committee (JC) is the overseeing organization for the Barefoot Resort Residential Association (BRRA) and the Nonresidential Association (NRA). In other words, the JC has oversight over all of Barefoot Resort (excluding Tuscan Sands) for single family and multi-family residents.
The Joint Committee is responsible for the maintenance of all common areas. This includes the landscape overlay, irrigation, and street lights on all spine roads (Club Course Drive, Marsh Glen Drive, Barefoot Resort Bridge Road, Windy Hill Extension, Catalina Drive, Oyster Catcher Drive, Par Ave, and Links Drive).
The JC is also responsible for the North Tower pool & spa, an amenity shared by both the BRRA and NRA Associations.
All owners contribute to paying these maintenance costs in their monthly HOA fees. One-third (1/3) of the common expenses are allocated to members of the NRA and two-thirds (2/3) of the common expenses are allocated to members of the BRRA.
The Joint Committee is made up of five (5) members. Two (2) are appointed by the BRRA and three (3) are appointed by the NRA. The current board members are: Michael Atwood, President (BRRA), Dargan Grigg, Vice-President (NRA), Tom Staats, Secretary (NRA), Joe Gosiewski, Treasurer (BRRA), and Jim Cranford, Director at Large (NRA).
Summary of Duties…
As outlined in the Joint Committee Bylaws:
- Prepare and adopt annual budgets for the common expenses and establish each unit's share of cost;
- Levy and collect assessments;
- Provide for the operation, care, upkeep, and maintenance of all common areas;
- Mediate and arbitrate disputes between the members or between two (2) or more owners who are not members of the same Association.
Recent Accomplishments Include…
- The installation of pavers on the North Tower pool deck;
- The 2020 summer pool monitoring contract with AP Professional Security;
- Several landscape projects throughout the Resort.
Possible Upcoming Projects…
- Structural pruning of trees along Barefoot Resort Bridge Road, Clubcourse Road, Village Crossing Boulevard, Catalina Drive, Links Drive, Par Avenue, Oyster Catcher Drive.
- Solar powered speed radar signs on Barefoot Resort Bridge Road
Renter Reminder: Use of the North Tower Pool…
If you rent or plan to rent your unit, on a short term basis, under one year, you will need renter cards that will only access the North Tower pool & spa and your community pool; however, the renter cards will not allow access to the Beach Cabana parking lot.