CITY BEGINS TAKING PARKING DECAL APPLICATIONS FEBRUARY 24
During the February 17 North Myrtle Beach City Council meeting, Council members passed final reading of amendments to Article II, Stopping, Standing and Parking of the City Code of Ordinances.
The amendments apply to public parking lots on either side of Ocean Boulevard, and certain side streets that intersect with Ocean Boulevard. The paid parking season is March 1 – October 31.
On February 24, the City will begin to accept parking decal applications at the Parking Office located in the Finance Department at City Hall, 1018 Second Avenue South. City Hall is open Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
These are the amended rules governing parking decal applications:
- A full-time resident whose vehicle (i.e., golf cart, LSV, motorcycle, automobile or pickup truck that must completely fit into a standard parking space) is registered to their North Myrtle Beach address may apply for a maximum of two complimentary parking decals per property address. If the decal is for a golf cart, a copy of the SCDMV permit registered to the resident’s North Myrtle Beach address is required. Each household may also purchase one additional parking decal for $200 annually.
- A nonresident property owner may apply for one complimentary parking decal for their personal vehicle (i.e., golf cart, LSV, motorcycle, automobile or pickup truck that must completely fit into a standard parking space). If the decal is for a golf cart, a copy of the SCDMV permit registered to the nonresident property owner’s North Myrtle Beach address is required. If applying for the vehicle decal, the vehicle does not have to be registered to the North Myrtle Beach property address but must be registered in the property owner’s name. Proof of residential property ownership is required. Each household may also purchase one additional parking decal for $200 annually.
- Horry County residents who do not own property or reside in the city of North Myrtle Beach may purchase one decal for their personal vehicle (i.e., LSV, motorcycle, automobile or pickup truck that must completely fit into a standard parking space) for $200 annually. A maximum of 200 parking decals are available, issued on a first come, first served basis.
IMPORTANT NOTES REGARDING PARKING DECALS
- Decals issued in 2019 have not expired and are good through the end of the 2020 parking season.
- Driver’s license and current vehicle (golf cart, automotive) registration are required to apply for a decal. Non-resident property owners must also show proof of residential property ownership. Golf carts must be registered through the SCDMV to the owner’s North Myrtle Beach address.
- In cases where a windshield has been replaced, vehicle ownership transferred, etc., parking decals must be returned to the Parking Office to receive a replacement decal. Parking decals are not transferable.
SIDE STREET PAID PARKING LOCATIONS
Beginning March 1, the City will charge a $2 per hour parking fee on the following side streets, which are located East of Nixon, Perrin, Hillside, Lake, Seaview and Spring. (If a street listed below extends West of these boundaries, there are no parking fees on that side of the boundaries.)
1st Ave North
3rd Ave North
Hillside Drive from 3rd Ave North to 11th Ave North
4th Ave North
5th Ave North
6th Ave North
7th Ave North
8th Ave North
9th Ave North
10th Ave North
11th Ave North
12th Ave North
13th Ave North
14th Ave North
15th Ave North
16th Ave North
Hillside Drive from 16th Ave North to 18th Ave North
17th Ave North
18th Ave North
20th Ave North
21st Ave North
Spring St from Sea Mountain Hwy to Ocean Blvd
23rd Ave North
25th Ave North
32nd Ave North
34th Ave North
39th Ave North
46th Ave North
Alongside of and behind Lake Drive/50th Ave North paid parking lot
55th Ave North
57th Ave North
58th Ave North
59th Ave North
East Nixon St from 53rd Ave North to 61st Ave North
The Point located at the dead end of Ocean Boulevard in Cherry Grove
1st Ave South
6th Ave South
Perrin Drive from 7th Ave South to 8th Ave South
9th Ave South
20th Ave South
28th Ave South
Seaview St from 34th Ave South to 36th Ave South
Seaview St from 39th Ave South to 48th Ave South
46th Ave South
48th Ave South
Currently, there is no definition to parking spaces along side streets perpendicular to Ocean Boulevard. In coming years, parking along high-demand side streets could be defined using paved road shoulders, crushcrete, and/or landscaping.