March 1, 2020
The mission of the Barefoot Beach Cabana Committee is to enhance the cabana for the homeowners and to ensure that the facility functions as a major benefit for Barefoot residents for years to come. The committee members review suggestions and concerns from the homeowners and report to the BRRA.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS OVER THE PAST YEAR INCLUDE:
- Created towing procedures for vehicle without proper decal/temporary parking pass.
- Updated the cabana rules/regulations and decal for parking.
- Improved the landscaping (moving plants to the third parking lot).
- Investigated additional parking lines for the second lot.
- Found storage for the existing cabana furniture.
- Assisted Strategic Planning with locations of security cameras for new cabana.
- Formulated Pet and Smoking policies for the new cabana.
- Researched additional furniture for the new cabana.
- New Sound System for the cabana has been completed and reviewed with the Board.
- Speaker wiring locations have been approved by the Board for wiring.
- Assisted with color schemes for new cabana (block, siding, floor, tiles, etc.).
- Creating schedule for cleaning/routine monthly items for new cabana.
- Finalizing Pet and Smoking policies for new cabana.
- Presenting furniture selections for the new cabana to the BRRA for approval.
- Working with Ponderosa to develop staffing plan for new cabana.
- Updating rules and regulations for new cabana and decal for parking.
- Discussing pros/cons of reserving the 2nd floor of new cabana.
- Developing a communication plan for startup of the new cabana.
- Creating a GRAND OPENING of the new cabana.
GOAL BEING DEVELOPED:
- Purchasing of a beach mat(s) from ramp to beach.
- Shuffleboard court for the main floor of the new cabana.
- Routine preventive maintenance checklist with Ponderosa.