March 1, 2022
~ Brian White, Cabana Chairman
First, I would like to thank Rick Hellman for his leadership through 2021. We had a lot of last-minute logistics as 2021 came to a close and the Beach Cabana came to fruition. Rick kept the group on track, and everything went very smoothly.
The mission of the Barefoot Beach Cabana Committee continues into 2022 with the luxury of a brand new facility for everyone to enjoy. The objective for the committee is to ensure that the cabana continues to function as a major benefit to the Barefoot community. The committee will continue to review suggestions and concerns from the homeowners and report to the BRRA.
Accomplishments Over The Past Year By The Committee
- Secured additional matching furniture for the sun deck and enclosed area.
- Secured Adirondack seating for the west side balconies.
- Secured four picnic tables for the lower level.
- Identified and placed new signage throughout the cabana.
- Updated the guidelines and operations processes.
- Worked in synergy with the BRRA board and other committees to schedule and organize the grand opening.
- Chairperson and Secretary for 2022 were voted on and Brian White and Lynne McGinley nominated and approved. With the exception of Rick Hellman the committee remains the same.
- Scheduling and providing support for a Real Estate open house.
- Working with Ponderosa Management to continue to monitor the staffing and supply needs.
- Updating the rules and regulations to adjust to the new facility.
- Securing two custom Barefoot cornhole games.
- Distribution of new “BLUE” parking passes for Spring of 2022.
- Continuing efforts to enforce access to the cabana and parking lots for eligible Barefoot residents.