December 1, 2021
~ Jerry Saxon
Dear Fellow Barefoot Residents:
2021 was certainly a year to go down in the books for everyone, including Barefoot. From the cabana to the wall to Covid-19, we’re glad this year is behind us. That being said, 2021 was not without its accomplishments, so when you get lemons, you make lemonade. The Pandemic prevented us from coming together in the same room, and along came Zoom. With Zoom we were able to bring everyone together for all of our meetings without having to leave the confines of our homes. Attendance through Zoom soared in the beginning of the year with explaining the turmoil of the cabana and getting started on our new one. Residents who were ill or otherwise confined were able to attend, ask questions, and get answers. So, here are some of the things we were able to do this year:
- Started and completed the Western Boundary Wall.
- Flooding issues in Coquina Point that threatened homes were addressed to everyone’s relief.
- Addressed financial issues within the BRRA and performed a complete audit that had zero notes, and use General Accounting Principles (GAP) to insure against financial irregularities.
- We are revamping the Barefoot website to bring it into the 21st century.
- This year we contracted with a new architect, and a new construction company, and the new cabana will be finished and opened, hopefully, by the time you read this.
- We leased additional parking for the beach, and will do the same next year.
- We have worked closely with Ponderosa to address resident communications.
- We have worked hard to answer every residents’ questions in a timely manner.
- We have engaged voting members in the budget process in order to improve it and bring all residents financial oversight.
- We engaged with Seaglass Developers to work out development which would be of benefit to all of Barefoot.
- We will be receiving approximately 611 acres of wetlands.
- We landscaped Marsh Glen Road under the electric lines and removed the unsightly pot holes and mud.
- We installed dog stations and trash containers along Club Course Drive, Marsh Glen Drive and Catalina Drive.
As 2022 quickly approaches, we hope that it too, will be a year of accomplishment, and wish you all a happy and healthy New Year.