FEBRUARY 1, 2018
– Pat Heerey, Website Committee Chair
2017 was a busy year for the Website Committee. A large new BRRA Website replaced the old site, thanks to many dedicated hours by the Committee and the website Developer 90 Degree Design.
Hundreds of images and hundreds of pages of information about Barefoot Resort and its 26 unique neighborhoods were compiled and loaded onto the new site in preparation for launch. Many more new pages are added every month including meeting minutes and financials for the BRRA, community boards, and committees – all available to Barefoot owners for their review.
Every month a News Center refresh provides up-to-date information about the Association, Barefoot Resort, and its surrounding area. For the latest Association news, be sure to revisit the website the first of every month. (Registered owners are reminded by an email containing links to the new information.)
Scrolling alerts on the homepage provide timely notices of upcoming events that affect Barefoot owners. These are short-term alerts like upcoming weather warnings or swing bridge issues.
The Directory is a password-protected section that lists all the registered Barefoot owners. You can even sort by your own neighborhood.
Website security was a high priority for the BRRA Board and great effort to provide secure pages was made by the Committee and Developer. BRRA minutes are public and can be viewed by visitors; however financials can only be viewed by owners who have registered on the website. The neighborhood minutes and financials likewise can only be viewed by registered owners, and only by residents of that neighborhood. These documents are not visible to other neighborhood owners.
Highlighted events this past year included:
- Final gathering of documents and photographs in preparation for launch.
- Reviewing over 60 candidates for the web manager position.
- Contracting web hosting from 90 Degree Design.
- Hiring the first web manager on March 20, 2017.
- Holding the March 24th Launch Party at the Golf Clubhouse.
- Sending out 3 separate mailings to Barefoot homeowners to advertise the launch, encourage registration, and remind owners to register.
- Hiring our current web manager Michelle Mate on July 17. She is technically proficient, responsive, and keeps our website current and working.
The Committee is currently working on:
- Prioritizing programming fixes needed for 2018.
- Creating advertising tools targeting those who have not yet registered to register.
- Developing a visual presentation to take to the Voting Members and interested neighborhoods, providing an overview of the website functions.
- Regularly reviewing monthly analytics to better understand user interests and priorities – and recommend changes to enhance user visits.